Sunday, November 9, 2008

Why Obama? A Personal Confession

Sent: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 6:13 am
Subject: Inspiring !!

Paul You will have to forgive me this: I believe Obama has the intelligence, skills and values to be a different and great leader of our nation. But I am also emotionally overwhelmed by the possibility that Americans might elect a Black man as their President: something I never expected to see in my lifetime. This makes an Obama victory into one of the happiest and most inspiring days of my life! For Americans to do this in the face of 400 years of outrageous and destructive racism against Black folks, restores and renews my faith in our people and our nation. And all the nations of the world will be astounded. Even though you prefer McCain, I hope you will share in the pride of seeing so many Americans turning their backs on a racist past!

Your Buddy Forrest

No comments: